Friday, August 5, 2011

Food for Thought Friday

Now that I'm back from all our summer travel, I'm working on getting organized around our house in anticipation of school starting again soon (Thank you G-d!). Several items in desperate need of attention are the many "deals" I've accumulated off more than a dozen sites. To date, I've probably saved more than I've lost and I try oh so hard not to make purchases I won't use. But alas, I have let a few slip through the cracks and it annoys the crap out of me that I actually lost money in my quest to save it.

This week, I came across a site that very well might be the answer to my deal organizing prayers. Apparently, DealsGoRound has been around for quite some time so I'm sorely behind the 8-ball. Their ingenious premise is one that allows you to sell deals you realize you won't/can't use and subsequently purchase other deals you missed out on.

But the icing on the cake is the "deal wallet" feature that keeps track of all the deals you've purchased on all the various sites you've joined. While I'm a tad nervous about giving up all that information about those accounts, the company's literature assures that it remains encrypted for safe transmission. The whole shebang is free, save for a 10% transaction fee on deals you sell. So, you literally have nothing to lose (other than the money you've already lost for buying something you didn't need in the first place!).

So, I'm talking to you over there, sitting at your ipad, eyeing those discounted children's name labels that you will never order. And you, about to purchase a facial and laser hair removal from a spa you've never heard of. Go ahead, get the deal. Buy that helicopter tour package you've always thought you'd enjoy.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment