Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Model Mama

If I read one more story about a celebrity mama who is back in her size 0 Hudson jeans within two weeks of giving birth, I think I'll gag on my lowfat snack bar. It took me a good year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and body after my daughter was born. And my son is now three and I'm still not there yet. But you know what? I'm healthy, happy and I'm not a gym rat who is driven to work out each and everyday. So if I never look like Gisele, so be it! (because you know, before I had kids, people mistook me for her twin all the time!)


So I found it refreshing to read a quote from CSI Miami's Emily Procter who gave birth six months ago and is apparently still holding onto a few extra pounds. 


“I’m going to let myself off the hook, because if there’s one thing that is not my focus at the moment, it’s how much I weigh.”


Wow! What a concept! Focusing on your new baby and not on your own looks! How totally unHollywood of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment