Saturday, December 10, 2011

Clear the air - naturally

A few weeks ago, I took my son to one of those kid-friendly haircut places. It was late in the day and they had started tidying up the place in anticipation of closing. As we paid, the owner walked casually around the place, spraying an aerosol air-cleaner. I nearly chocked to death on the noxious smell. Even my three-year-old started complaining and we both tried to hold our breath until we could run out to the car.

I absolutely abhor products that aim to cover up smells by polluting the air with toxic chemicals. Before I became a mom, I used to embrace all things Lysol, but now that I know what some of these cleaning and disinfecting products contain, I only break them out when absolutely necessary.

Which is why I was intrigued by a new product I came across while perusing the web for holiday gifts. I have no first-hand experience with this product, but it has piqued my interest. It's a portable, inexpensive, all-natural air purifier, in the form of small linen bag filled with bamboo charcoal. According to the literature, it's been used for centuries in Japan to literally, "clear the air" of allergens and odor-causing bacteria. Each small pouch works for two years and covers an area of about 90 feet. With a price point of just $10, it's worth a try!

For more information, visit uncommon goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment