Friday, July 22, 2011

Food for thought Friday

I'm a sucker for free toiletries and once came home from Hawaii with a small suitcase full of tiny loot from l'occitane.

While staying at a beautiful, old Vermont inn recently, I noticed we not only got the standard shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, we also had individually wrapped make-up remover towelettes in our bathroom. I was just about to scoop them up to toss them in my bag when I happened to flip one over to read the ingredients:

Purified water, glycerin, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

No, those last two are not typos- I googled them and found they are preservatives used in various cosmetics, glue, paint and fuels. The longer one has also been linked to nerve damage.

I'll give you one guess as to whether or not those towelettes made the trip home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment