Saturday, February 12, 2011

Save Sesame Street!

Did you know that Congress is contemplating a bill that could cut all funding for Public Broadcasting? I don't know about you, but I consider Ernie, Bert and Cookie Monster old friends and I'd feel awful if they were taken off the air. I seriously love PBS and the quality programs they provide.

"Sesame Street" first went on the air just months before I was born and I still remember many of the skits, songs and themes from those shows. Now, my own kids get a kick out of shows like "Sesame Street," "WordGirl" and "Curious George" and I feel good knowing these programs are consistent with my values without major commercial interests.

If you care about PBS too, take 5 minutes and go to www.170millionamericans.org. Here you'll find great information, including links to letters you can quickly send to your Congressman via email, voicing support for Public Broadcasting.

While there are certainly other reasons to support Public Broadcasting, other than just their offerings for kids, aren't the Muppets enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment